Occupational First Aid Level 1 gives you an introductory knowledge on how to identify injuries and administer first aid to these injuries. The OFA Level 1 course is suitable for people in these industries: small construction jobs (roofing, painting, drywall, framing, etc.), office workers, small manufacturing and assembling shops and restaurant workers.
No prior first aid knowledge required to attend this course. All students suggested be at least 16 years old and be able to physically perform first aid.
The OFA Level 1 course will cover the following topics:
- How to assess the patient injury
- Wound Assessment and Treatment
- Completion of the First Aid Record
- Decisions on referral to medical aid
- Providing follow-up patient care
- Back Strain
- Wrist Strain
- Eye Injuries
- Airway obstruction management
- AEDs and CPR
- Respiratory/Cardiac arrest management
- Bleeding emergency management
- Identification and Management of Medical Conditions
Day Class: 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- All courses include books.
- There are no taxes on the courses.
- Companies should refer to WorksafeBC (formally WCB) OHS Guidelines G#17 to determine level of first aid for your business.
- Schedule 3-A for minimum level of first aid.
No prior first aid knowledge required to attend this course. All students must be at least 16 years old and be able to physically perform first aid.
REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE:
by phone 250-376-9959 or via EMAIL
Occupational First Aid Level 1